It is Lower Peover School policy that all children should wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours. The policy is based on the notion that a school uniform:
- promotes a sense of pride in the school.
- engenders a feeling of community and belonging.
- is practical and smart.
- identifies the children with the school.
- is not distracting in class (as fashion clothes might be).
- makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance.
- is regarded as suitable, and good value for money, by most parents.
- has been designed with health and safety in mind.
Full details of the school uniform policy can be found in the page listed in the menu to the left and are also published in the parent pack available from the school.